Special notice regarding online payments and links to other websites
Personal and Other Information
Collection of Information
- We collect Personal Information when you provide it to us. For example, on certain pages on mcdonaldcarano.com we may provide online forms in which you can input information including your name and email address to request information, subscribe to our newsletters, submit an employment application, contact us for a general inquiry, or for other purposes indicated on mcdonaldcarano.com. Please note that transmission and receipt of information on or through our website does not create a lawyer-client relationship and any information you provide to us in such a manner will not be privileged or confidential.
- We collect Other Information when you access and use mcdonaldcarano.com. For example, our website may automatically gather certain information and store it in log files when you use our website, including IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. When you request web pages from our website your IP addresses is logged. We may also collect click-stream data when you request specific pages from our website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, time, source of the request, type of browser making the request, preceding page view, and other such non-personal information.
- We collect information through Cookies when you access and use mcdonaldcarano.com. Cookies are technologies widely used for security purposes, to learn about and improve how users navigate a website, and to enable features or functions of a website. Cookies are small often encrypted text or data files that are transferred to your device or hard drive when your browser settings permit the acceptance of cookies. The request for these files from a server reveals certain information, such as your browser type and IP address, and cookies are created when a user’s browser loads a particular website. The website sends information to the browser which then creates a text file. Every time the user returns to the same website the browser retrieves and sends this text file to the website’s server. To learn more about cookies and how to turn them on or off on your browser’s settings menu please visit allaboutcookies.org.
Use of Collected Information
- We do not sell Personal Information.
- We use Personal Information collected from you as necessary to provide the information or services you have requested, such as to respond to your inquiry, process your subscription to one of our newsletters, register you for a McDonald Carano-hosted event, or mail to you a printed McDonald Carano publication, among other appropriate purposes.
- Unless you have unsubscribed or otherwise notified us of your desire not to receive such information, when appropriate our Marketing Department may use your Personal Information to inform you about developments at McDonald Carano; our legal and government affairs and advocacy services; our education, training, and CLE offerings; our networking, business development and community events, webinars and activities; updates regarding legal, regulatory and/or government policy developments; and information relevant to the client industries we serve.
- We do not sell Other Information.
- We use Other Information for purposes of website system administration and to understand how visitors use our website. Tracking technologies and other website usage data help us determine how visitors arrive at our website, what content is most popular, which features are most important, what types of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of information, and similar analytical information. We use this information to update our website design and organization, improve navigation and content, and provide additional experiential and navigational technologies to ensure we are meeting the needs of our website visitors. We may also use Other Information as part of general marketing research.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing-oriented communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the associated email communication or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Sharing of Information
Certain services on our website are provided by third parties and we may use various third parties to help in whole or in part to host, operate, analyze, maintain, upgrade, monitor, improve, and/or secure our website. We may share certain limited Personal Information and/or Other Information with such entities only as specifically needed for them to perform the particular task(s) described in Services Agreements signed with such entities.
We may share certain limited Personal Information and/or Other Information with third party communications or marketing services providers that assist us with communicating or marketing to users of our website or individuals that request information from us through our website. For example, we may share certain limited information, such as your email address, with a third-party systems provider that distributes to you email notifications on behalf of McDonald Carano about our events, CLE training programs, and invitations to conference, among others. Similarly, we may share certain limited information with third-party organizations with whom we may collaborate on marketing-oriented activities or events and use of such information will be limited to the specific activity or event.
We do not sell any information collected on, through or by our website nor do we provide Personal Information or Other Information to third parties for purposes of them marketing their products or services to you.
Protection of Personal Information
McDonald Carano uses industry standard security measures to protect Personal Information collected on, through or by mcdonaldcarano.com. We implement numerous physical, procedural, organizational, administrative, and technological safeguards that are designed to keep your information private and secure. These measures are adapted to the nature of the information in our custody. We also take measures to: (1) protect the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our processing systems and services; (2) restore the availability of and access to Personal Information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident; and (3) test, assess and evaluate our measures. However, even though McDonald Carano makes reasonable efforts to protect information in its custody, no security system or data storage or transmission over the Internet or Cloud or otherwise is 100% secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee the 100% privacy or security of any information we may have collected or received from you on, through or by mcdonaldcarano.com. If you have reason to believe your information is not private or secure, please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.