Ryan J. Works
- Nevada, 2004
- J.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Criminal Justice, University of Nevada, Reno, 2001
Ryan Works is Chair of the Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Financial Restructuring Group with McDonald Carano, working primarily in the areas of corporate bankruptcy and insolvency and business litigation.
Mr. Works regularly represents creditors and debtors both in and out of bankruptcy, including various single-purpose entities, small businesses, banks, construction companies, airline carriers, technology companies, individuals, and investors in numerous bankruptcy and receivership cases.
He has represented the debtor in possession in several small business and single-asset cases, as well as various banks and lending institutions. He also has significant experience representing clients in adversary and bankruptcy litigation matters and has represented many debtor entities in Chapter 7 liquidation proceedings. Mr. Works has experience defending preference and fraudulent transfer litigation and has handled various fraud cases and non-discharge matters.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Mr. Works is a member of the firm’s litigation department, with a focus on construction law, mechanics’ lien litigation, real estate law, commercial financing disputes under the Uniform Commercial Code, partnership disputes, and general defense of many local and national clients in federal and state courts.
- In re PrimeCare: Represented the patient care ombudsman in a successful Chapter 11 confirmation of a rural hospital in Tonopah, Nevada.
- See also: Desert Capitol REIT; Ameri-Dream Realty; Ebenezer Church of Christ; Data Con Systems; South Procyon, LLC; Greenland Supermarket Inc.; Nevada Cancer Institute; Murder Inc.; Nora’s Wine Bar and Osteria; Integrated Financial Associates; Carefree Willows, LLC (residents’ committee).
- In re TEM Enterprises dba Xtra Airways: Represented the debtor in possession and confirmed a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization that would restructure the airline corporation with $3 million in new value to the creditors.
- In re Alphatrade.com: Confirmed a Chapter 11 liquidation plan of an international stock data firm, representing the debtor in possession, and successfully defeated a motion to convert the case to Chapter 7 at trial.
- In re West Charleston Lofts, LLC: Represented the debtor in possession in the successful reorganization of a $4 million credit facility collateralized by several luxury loft units in Summerlin, Las Vegas.
- In re Asset Resolution: Represented a buyer in a 363 sale of a dual apartment tower complex in Houston, Texas, valued at more than $20 million, and represented bonafide purchasers in adversary litigation for the avoidance and recovery of an alleged fraudulent transfer.
- In re Whitton Corporation: Represented a secured creditor and confirmed a Chapter 11 restructure of approximately $100 million in commercial real-estate-backed debt.
- In re Comm Partners Holding Corporation: Represented a buyer in a 363 sale of hosted services assets.
- In re Lake Las Vegas Joint Venture et. al.: Represented an official committee of unsecured creditors in a Chapter 11 case regarding the restructuring of the Lake Las Vegas subdivision.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America© – Commercial Litigation
- Nevada Business Magazine “Legal Elite”- Top 200 Attorneys of Southern Nevada; Top 100 Attorneys; Best Up and Coming Attorneys
- Nevada Business Magazine “Legal Elite” – Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Financial Restructuring; Commercial & Complex Litigation
- Super Lawyers – “Mountain States Rising Stars”
- Super Lawyers – Bankruptcy – Business; Business Litigation
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Governor, Board of Governors, State Bar of Nevada, 2015-present
- Chairman, Nevada State Bar Young Lawyers Section, 2009-2010
- Leadership Las Vegas, class of 2009
- American Bar Association Business Law Section — Business Bankruptcy Committee, past vice chair
- Member, Las Vegas Founders, 2006-2009
- Member, First Tee of Southern Nevada, 2011-2014
August 20, 2018 – McDonald Carano is pleased to announce new recognition in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Attorneys recognized include: Matthew C. Addison, Partner, Commercial…
WSJ Pro, August 7, 2018, by Jonathan Randles — Aspiring immigrants who invested in the Lucky Dragon, an Asian-themed hotel and casino in Las Vegas, are alleging developers didn’t disclose…
Las Vegas Review Journal, May 8, 2018 How much is the Lucky Dragon worth? That depends on whom you ask. According to the developers, the bankrupt resort is worth $143…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.