- Nevada, 1983
- LL.M., University of Miami, 1988
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, 1982
- B.A., University of Nevada, Reno, 1976
Mark Knobel is a partner in the Reno office of McDonald Carano. He is a member of the firm’s Trust & Estates, Tax Law, and Business Entities and Transactions practice groups. He practices primarily in estate planning, wealth transfer, business and corporate law, and federal and state tax and charitable planning.
For more than 30 years, Knobel has been providing advice on business transactions, wills and trusts, estate settlements, trust settlements, and estate and gift taxes. He is an Accredited Estate Planner by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, and has been named as one of the Best Lawyers in America in Trusts and Estates, and Tax for many years.
Mr. Knobel is a member of the Washoe County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Northern Nevada Estate Planning Council, and the Nevada State Bar, where he is the former Chair of the Probate and Trust Committee. He is also a former Chair of the University of Nevada, Reno Foundation, a former Member of the Board for Nevada Security Bank and is a past Chairman of the Board and Board Member at KNPB, a founding Member of Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful, and a trustee of the Thelma B. and Thomas P. Hart Foundation and the Jack Van Sickle Foundation.
Mark is married to Mary K. Knobel who received a degree in journalism from the University of Nevada, Reno, in 1988. Mark and Mary K. have two sons, John and Clark. In addition to Mr. Knobel’s community involvement and his support of local charities and organizations, he is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys skiing, fishing, hunting, boating, and being a coach and spectator at his children’s sporting events.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2019 & 2014 “Lawyer of the Year” – Reno, Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2019, 2016, 2014 “Lawyer of the Year” – Reno – Tax Law
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2017 & 2015 “Lawyer of the Year” – Non-Profit/Charities Law
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2015 & 2010 “Lawyer of the Year” – Reno – Corporate Law
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2014 “Lawyer of the Year” – Reno – Trusts and Estates
- The Best Lawyers in America© – Corporate Law; Litigation – Trusts and Estates; Non-Profit/Charities Law; Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Former Chair, Nevada State Bar Probate and Trust Committee
- Accredited estate planner, National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
- Trustee, Thelma B. and Thomas P. Hart Foundation
- Former Chair, University of Nevada Reno Foundation
- Founding Board Member, Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful
- Founding and Emeritus Board Member, Community Foundation of Northern Nevada
- Former Board Member, St. Mary’s Foundation and Washoe Legal Services
Las Vegas, Nevada, August 15, 2019 – McDonald Carano LLP is pleased to announce new recognition in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. McDonald Carano attorneys recognized…
November 1, 2018, The Good Life As we plan for our future, there is a common oversight many people make without knowing it: forgetting to update beneficiary designations. This includes…
August 20, 2018 – McDonald Carano is pleased to announce new recognition in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Attorneys recognized include: Matthew C. Addison, Partner, Commercial…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.