Lindsay D. Knox
Vice President, Government Affairs & Advocacy
Areas of Practice
- B.S., Health Ecology, University of Nevada, Reno
Lindsay Knox is a valuable resource for clients with interests in Nevada, advocating on their behalf and monitoring legislation and regulation to identify potential opportunities and issues. She helps clients define objectives, develop a comprehensive strategy, and create an action plan that offers the greatest potential for success. A life-long resident of Nevada, Lindsay is well known throughout the state.
Working with state agencies, legislators, and the Nevada Governor’s office, Lindsay draws on her extensive network of contacts to make connections on behalf of her clients and help communicate and advance their legislative and policy priorities. On a local level, Lindsay skillfully manages and maintains important relationships with elected officials and their staff while closely tracking changes in the law and ordinances. Clients rely on Lindsay’s expertise at all stages of the process, including advocacy, lobbying, monitoring and tracking bills, building coalitions, crafting strategy, advising on political affairs, and business development.
Lindsay has worked at McDonald Carano for more than 15 years and has experience serving clients in a broad range of industries, including homebuilding, health care, energy, technology, transportation, financial services, entertainment, retail, aviation, agriculture, real estate, and water resources. Lindsay’s clients include businesses, trade associations, non-profit organizations, and local and municipal governments as well as other public agencies.
During her career, Lindsay has worked on a comprehensive scope of initiatives at the state level, including those addressing topics relating to employment, construction, data privacy, landlord/tenant, housing, elections, natural resources, workers’ compensation, taxation, and health care. Her involvement in a variety of initiatives includes drafting amendments, reviewing bills, testifying before committees, and collaborating with other lobbyists.
Awards and Recognition
- Patrick Henry Award, awarded by the National Guard Association of the United States, August 2023 (“The Patrick Henry Award is designed to provide recognition to local officials and civic leaders, who in a position of great responsibility distinguished themselves with outstanding and exceptional service to the Armed Forces of the United States, the National Guard or NGAUS.”)
- The Nevada State Commendation Medal, awarded by the Governor of the State of Nevada, June 30, 2023 (“Ms. Lindsay Knox distinguished herself by outstanding achievement for her valuable contribution to the Nevada National Guard during the 2023 82nd Session of the Nevada Legislature.”)
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Executive Board, Vice President, Business Council of Douglas County
- Board of Directors, Carson Valley Health Foundation
- Member, Nevada’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology
- Member, Government Affairs Committee, NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) Northern Nevada Chapter
Interviews – Nevada Newsmakers
Publications and Presentations
- Quoted, “Home Builders Fared Well in 2023 Session of the Nevada Legislature,” Las Vegas Review-Journal, July 15, 2023
- Co-Author, “2022 Nevada Primary Election Results Guide,” McDonald Carano Government Affairs & Advocacy Group Report, November 2022
- Interview, “Advocacy in Medicine,” Medical Matters podcast, October 28, 2021
- Presenter, “The Wildest Housing Market in the West,” Critical Issues Conference, Business Council of Douglass County, September 30, 2021
- Co-Author, “Election Issues and Resources for Employers,” Nevada News, Retail Association of Nevada newsletter, September 2021
- Interview, “2021 Nevada Legislative Session – An Insider’s Perspective” NCET Nevada’s Center For Entrepreneurship and Technology, July 28, 2021
- Co-Author, “Nevada Legislative Session 2021: What You Need to Know,” McDonald Carano Government Affairs & Advocacy Group Report, June 2021
- Author, “Employment Bills of Concern to Businesses: End of Nevada’s 81st Legislative Session,” Nevada News, Retail Association of Nevada newsletter, June 2021 and May 2021
- Author, “Legislative Session: Bi-Partisan Cooperation Gives Best Outcomes,” Nevada News, Retail Association of Nevada newsletter, February 1, 2021
- Quoted, “Minimum wage and marijuana: 2 new Nevada laws may have big business impacts,” Northern Nevada Business View, December 2019
McDonald Carano congratulates Lindsay Knox, Vice President in our Government Affairs & Advocacy Group, for receiving two prestigious accolades. We honor and celebrate Lindsay’s accomplishments, leadership, and dedication to client…
McDonald Carano proudly continues our annual sponsorship of the Tournament of Hope fundraising event for the Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation, a nonprofit that helps enhance the quality of life…
Josh Hicks, Chair of McDonald Carano’s Government Affairs & Advocacy Group, and Lindsay Knox, Vice President of the Government Affairs & Advocacy Group, provided a presentation to the Southern Nevada…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.