Areas of Practice
- J.D., magna cum laude, William S. Boyd School of Law, UNLV, 2005
- Master of Social Work, UNLV, 2002
- B.S., Business, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 1993
Kristen Gallagher is a partner in McDonald Carano’s Las Vegas office focusing primarily in the areas of commercial and employment and labor litigation.
She regularly handles a wide variety of employment and labor related litigation claims that are both national in scope and specific to Nevada law, such as wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes, employment discrimination, and labor-related matters. Ms. Gallagher also represents clients before state and federal employment and labor regulatory agencies and boards in connection with investigations and proceedings. She also counsels clients on issues regarding hiring and termination policies and procedures, employment contracts and related agreements, and employee handbooks, as well as provides analysis and advice to clients in their day-to-day operations and pre-litigation matters.
She has become a go-to attorney for national and international law firms looking to navigate Nevada law, as well as local rules and practice. Ms. Gallagher has provided local counsel assistance in a wide variety of matters concerning patent law, federal and state wage and hour laws, employment discrimination, breach of contract, intentional torts, civil conspiracy, anti-trust laws, and under 28 U.S.C. § 1782 seeking discovery for use in a foreign proceeding.
Ms. Gallagher also handles a wide variety of commercial litigation disputes in state and federal court across an array of business industries involving issues such as breach of contract, fraud and other intentional business torts, breach of warranty, negligence, strict products liability, trademark and patent rights and obligations, and trade secrets. Ms. Gallagher has achieved success with motion practice at various stages of litigation, which has resulted in the cost effective and beneficial resolution of many matters for her clients. Ms. Gallagher has also represented clients before the Nevada Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
A Chicagoland native, Ms. Gallagher attended Indiana University, Bloomington, graduating with a B.S. in Business from the Kelly School of Business. She also has a Master of Social Work from UNLV and received her J.D. from UNLV’s Boyd School of Law, graduating magna cum laude. Before graduate and law school, Ms. Gallagher worked in the insurance industry, most recently as a fraud investigator. She is also on the faculty with NITA, instructing local attorneys on deposition skills.
- Konami Gaming, Inc. v. Tingson, a case involving a non-compete agreement.
- Lemper, et al. v. Legacy IP LLC, a case involving breach of contract concerning, among other issues, patent ownership rights and obligations.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company v. A.O. Smith Corporation, a case involving negligence and strict products liability
- Schillereff v. Thomas Management Corporation, a case alleging employment discrimination.
- Cleverley v. Allsite Rental Structures, LLC, a case involving breach of a purchase and sale agreement and related business torts.
- LSREF2 APEX 2, LLC v. Cichon, et al. a case involving breach of guaranty and action for deficiency judgment.
- First Option v. Tabbert, et al., a case involving, among other issues, a restrictive covenant agreement, trade secrets, intentional business torts, and civil conspiracy.
- D.R. Horton, Inc., in multiple homeowner cases alleging mortgage fraud.
- Capital One, N.A., in multiple homeowner cases alleging mortgage fraud.
- Greenpoint Mortgage Funding, Inc., in multiple homeowner cases alleging mortgage fraud.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America© – Commercial Litigation (2020-2022), Employment Law/Management (2022)
- Super Lawyers Magazine – “Mountain States Rising Stars” in Employment Litigation/Employer, Employment and Labor/Employer, Business Litigation (2016-2021)
- Super Lawyers Magazine – “Mountain States Rising Stars” in Employment Litigation/Employer, Employment and Labor/Employer, Business Litigation (2012-2015)
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 11 women lawyers from nine Practice Groups in our Reno and Las Vegas offices have been recognized in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in…
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 37 of our lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the leading peer-review…
McDonald Carano is proud to announce that 19 of our litigators in Reno and Las Vegas have been recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2022 in six areas of litigation…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.