- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S., Mathematics, Stanford University
Mr. Frankovich’s practice focuses principally on real property development and transactions, litigation, and public utilities law. He joined McDonald Carano in 1973 after two years with the Washoe County district attorney’s office. He is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Nevada and California, including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Frankovich has represented a number of major real estate development projects in Northern Nevada in connection with acquisitions, entitlements, financing, and sales. He also handles commercial litigation, including bench and jury trials involving business and commercial disputes over, among other things, construction, real estate transactions, employment law, and condemnation.
- Co-author: Major Land Use Laws in Nevada
Awards & Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America© – “Lawyer of the Year” (Real Estate Law and Real Estate Litigation)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Real Estate Law and Real Estate Litigation)
- Chambers USA 2017, 2018 (Real Estate Law)
- Super Lawyers Magazine “Mountain States Super Lawyer” – Real Estate, Land Use/Zoning, Business Litigation, Utilities (2007-2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Nevada Business Magazine “Legal Elite” (2008)
Professional Associations and Community Engagement
- Member of the board of directors, Recreational Enterprises, Inc., (operating company for the Eldorado Hotel Casino)
- Member, Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada
- Member, PackPAWS Advisory Board (affiliated with the University of Nevada to promote women’s intercollegiate athletics)
- Nevada Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Member, Reno High School Alumni Association
May 9, 2018 Las Vegas, NV – Chambers USA, one of the leading legal ratings agencies in the United States, has released its 2018 rankings. McDonald Carano again received high…
Las Vegas, NV – Chambers USA, one of the leading legal ratings agencies in the United States, has released its 2017 rankings. McDonald Carano once again received high honors, maintaining…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.