- U.S. District Courts in Eastern, Northern, Southern and Central California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., University of San Diego, School of Law
- M.B.A., University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School
- University of Kent at Canterbury
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles
Jeff Silvestri concentrates his practice on commercial and complex litigation and administrative law, and serves as co-chair of the Appellate Practice Group. He served as Managing Partner of McDonald Carano from 2016 to 2020.
Jeff’s complex commercial dispute experience includes high-stakes cases involving contract disputes, joint venture disputes, partnership disputes, business entity ownership and dissolution, regulatory actions, fraud and unfair competition, and other business tort related disputes across a wide range of industries. He has handled business litigation involving particularly complicated commercial transactions with multiple parties, detailed operating agreements, sophisticated financing, substantial amounts of money at risk, and valuable mission-critical assets. Jeff has tried numerous cases before state and federal courts in Nevada and California.
In addition to his trial court work, Jeff has briefed and argued numerous appellate cases before the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to handling all aspects of appeals, starting from post-judgment motion practice in the trial court through issuance of the appellate court mandate, Jeff also handles writ petitions, provides trial court support and analysis, assists other counsel in the appeal process, and drafts amicus curiae briefs.
Jeff also represents clients in proceedings before regulatory agencies, municipal and county governing entities, professional disciplinary boards and in the judicial review process that may follow. Before joining McDonald Carano, Jeff served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert E. Rose, Chief Justice of the Nevada Supreme Court.
Contributing author and editor, Nevada Appellate Practice Manual 1st Edition
Awards and Recognition
- Vegas Inc. “Top Lawyers” – Appellate Law (2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” – Appellate Practice (2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Appellate Practice (2016-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Commercial Litigation (2013-2023)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated (since 2012)
- Super Lawyers Magazine – “Mountain States Super Lawyer” – Appellate, Business Litigation, Administrative Law (2010-2022)
- Super Lawyers Magazine – “Mountain States Rising Star” – Appellate, Business Litigation, Administrative Law (2008)
- Nevada Business Magazine – “Legal Elite” (2013, 2017)
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 15 of our Las Vegas office lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America and…
McDonald Carano congratulates Jim Bradshaw, Pat Lundvall, George Ogilvie, Jeff Silvestri and Amanda Yen for being recognized as Business Litigation Super Lawyers in the 2022 edition of Mountain States Super…
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 10 attorneys in our Reno and Las Vegas offices received recognition in four areas of law in the Mountain States Super Lawyers list for 2022….
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.