Areas of Practice
- J.D., William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Summa Cum Laude, 2018 (Society of Advocates/Moot Court Team 2016-2018; Gaming Law Journal Junior Staff Member Fall 2016-Spring 2017 and Managing Editor Spring 2017-Spring 2018)
- B.S., Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2011
Eric Duhon is a member of the Real Estate & Land Use Practice and Business Entities & Transactions Practice. Eric assists sellers, buyers, users, landlords, tenants, developers and redevelopers to achieve their individual goals. In addition, Eric guides his real estate clients at every stage including assemblage and acquisition, due diligence, permanent and temporary financing, encumbrances, development, construction, leasing, evictions, and disposition.
Eric’s corporate practice includes entity formation and governance, commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and outside general counsel legal services for regional and national business clients from a broad range of industries. These industries include, without limitation, waste hauling and disposal, drilling and mining, retail, grocery, insurance, finance/credit unions, lodging, and distribution. Eric’s clients appreciate his thoughtful and practical approach to their complex real estate and business needs.
As a fifth-generation Nevadan, Eric has a long family history with the state’s legal and cultural heritage. Outside of his work as an attorney he is an avid skier and world traveler. Mr. Duhon has been around the world twice in different directions, enjoying independent travel and cultural immersion in more than 40 countries on 5 continents. He has also summitted Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (19,341 feet) and Gokyu Ri, Nepal (17,575 feet), and scaled Huayna Potosí, Bolivia (19,974 feet). Eric possesses a blue belt in Brazilian jiujitsu and, in college, was an elite Division I varsity rower winning numerous individual and team championships including the Rowe Cup, Royal Canadian Henley, and Eastern Association of Rowing Colleges Sprints and placed as high as fourth at the Intercollegiate Rowing Association Nationals.
Awards and Recognition
- Nevada Business Magazine – “Legal Elite/Top Rank Attorneys” (2020, 2022,2023) and “Legal Elite/Best Up & Coming Attorneys” (2019, 2020, 2021)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (highest scoring student in class) — Torts, Spring 2016; Property, Spring 2016; Federal Income Tax, Fall 2017; Gaming Law, Fall 2017; International Commercial Arbitration, Spring 2018
- Member, NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association), Northern Nevada Chapter. Graduate of Developing Leaders Institute Class of 2022
- “Contracts and COVID-19: What are the obligations for a business unable to perform its obligations?” The Nevada Independent, April 22, 2020
- “Can’t fulfill a contract due to COVID-19? Here’s what to do,” Reno Gazette Journal, April 2, 2020
Nevada’s “Top Rank Attorneys” 2023
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 17 of our attorneys are recognized as “Top Rank Attorneys” in Nevada Business Magazine’s 2023 list of the State’s top attorneys as voted by their…
Eric Duhon Graduates from NAIOP Developing Leaders Institute
McDonald Carano congratulates Eric Duhon on his graduation from the Developing Leaders Institute provided by the Northern Nevada chapter of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association. Participating in the…
13 McDonald Carano Attorneys Voted
“Top Rank Attorneys” and “Best Up & Coming Attorneys” 2022
McDonald Carano proudly announces having the most attorneys recognized in Nevada Business Magazine’s “Top Rank Attorneys” list for 2022, including four “Best Up & Coming Attorneys.” For the past 15…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.