Areas of Practice
- J.D., cum laude, University of San Diego School of Law, 2005
- B.A., with distinction, University of Nevada, Reynolds School of Journalism, 2002
Brian Pick counsels companies at all stages of development through issues related to formation and governance, operation and management, fundraising and growth, and acquisitions and sales. Brian is a member of the Business Entities & Transactions Practice, which is ranked Band 1 by Chambers USA 2021.
Brian guides Nevada and California clients through commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, private equity, venture capital and other debt and equity financing transactions, the formation of complex joint ventures and pooled investment vehicles, and real estate transactions and development. Brian believes in a pragmatic and cost-effective approach, tailored to the needs of the client.
With his experience, insight and approach, Brian represents numerous Fortune 100, Fortune 500, Fortune 1000 and NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies, along with international, national, regional and local companies on a variety of transactions, acquisitions, financings and other legal issues, and regularly serves as outside general counsel to companies at all stages of development.
General Corporate Counsel
- Served as Outside General Counsel to social media, fitness, recreational, gaming and other software companies.
- Acted as Outside General Counsel to manufacturers of recreational equipment, medical devices and other tangible goods.
- Served as Outside General Counsel to a regional grocer and various food and agricultural businesses.
- Served as Nevada counsel to, and advised, a Fortune 500 gaming company on various issues related to corporate governance, real estate and development, securities offerings and financing.
- Acted as Nevada counsel to an NYSE listed financial institution generally providing advice on various corporate governance and securities issues.
- Served as Nevada counsel to a national engineering and surveying firm primarily providing counsel on issues related to development and construction.
- Acted as Nevada counsel to a Fortune 100 company on corporate governance and issues related to corporate structure.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lead counsel to a multi-state oil and gas industry company in its sale to a publicly-traded competitor for $35 million.
- Lead counsel to a payment industry software and service company in connection with its $17 million sale to a private equity backed strategic buyer
- Lead counsel on the $60 million sale of an international medical device manufacturer and supply company to a private equity backed competitor.
- Served as M&A counsel to an international boat manufacturer in the sale of all of its stock for $11 million to a private equity backed purchaser.
- Acted as M&A counsel to an industrial manufacturer in the $9 million sale of its assets to a larger competitor.
- Represented an environmental services business in its $10 million sale of its stock to an international company.
- Represented an international gaming company in its acquisition of an international game and software development company.
- Served as Nevada counsel to a NYSE listed financial institution in connection with its acquisition by a Fortune 500 financial institution and ultimately the sale by such Fortune 500 financial institution of certain assets of the NYSE listed financial institution.
- Served as lead counsel to a regulated regional consumer retail company in the sale of a division to a national wholesale and consumer retail company.
- Represented an international medical supply company as lead counsel in the sale of its stock to a private equity backed acquirer.
- Acted as lead counsel for a regional food supply company in its acquisition of the stock of a market leading company for a distinct high demand product and niche market.
- Represented a regional healthcare nonprofit in its merger with, and acquisition of, the subsidiary of a national healthcare nonprofit.
Business Entities & Transactions
- Represented a regional grocer in connection with an $800 million leveraged shareholder buyout involving a $350 million term credit facility and $350 million revolving credit facility.
- Served as lead counsel to a regional grocer in connection with its negotiation and documentation of a $300 million credit facility.
- Served as transaction counsel to a medical device manufacturer in connection with the formation of a joint venture entity and a $7.5 million private placement of its securities.
- Acted as outside general counsel to a Nevada subsidiary of a NASDAQ listed financial institution in connection with loan documentation, loan workouts and foreclosure and disposition of collateral.
- Served as lead counsel to an international fruit grower, processor and packer in connection with a $150 million revolving credit facility.
- Acted as Nevada corporate counsel to an insurance company in connection with its initial public offering.
- Represented a Fortune 500 gaming company as Nevada counsel in connection with several securities and debt offerings.
- Served as Nevada counsel to a NASDAQ listed financial institution in connection with the negotiation and documentation of loan workouts, and foreclosure and disposition of Nevada real property collateral.
Real Estate & Land Use
- Represented the developer of a 1,700 acre mixed use (industrial, retail and single family residential) master planned community outside of Reno, Nevada, as formation and financing counsel.
- Served as outside general counsel to a 635 acre residential development in Reno, Nevada in connection with its formation, private offering, financing and the acquisition, development and disposition of parcels.
- Acted as outside general counsel to the developer of a 1,300 acre resort and residential community in Napa County, California, in connection with its organization, financing, joint venture formation, development and disposition of parcels.
- Served as development counsel to a 1,300 acre master planned, mixed use community in Sparks, Nevada.
- Acted as Northern Nevada counsel to a Fortune 500 homebuilder in connection with the development of large residential communities.
- Represented a multi-billion dollar investment fund in connection with the fund’s sale of residential lots to a Fortune 500 homebuilder.
- Advised a Fortune 500 gaming company on the development of a retail development and condominium hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Represented a NASDAQ listed company in connection with the acquisition, development and construction of its distribution facility for the Western U.S.
- Assisted with the financing and development by a large privately-held developer of two large office and records facilities in Minnesota and Missouri for the U.S. government.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in connection with its sale of an office building in Downtown Reno.
- Served as Nevada real estate counsel for a Fortune 100 financial institution in connection with a multi-billion dollar credit facility for renewable energy construction.
Awards and Recognition
- Nevada Business Magazine – “Legal Elite/Top Rank Attorneys” (2017-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Corporate Law (2018-2024)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Real Estate Law (2019-2024)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022-2024)
- The Best Lawyers in America – “Lawyer of the Year” in Corporate Law (2019)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Magazine – Rising Star (2010-2021)
- “Twenty Under 40” award – Reno-Tahoe Young Professionals Network (2016)
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 21 of our Reno office lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and two…
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 17 of our attorneys are recognized as “Top Rank Attorneys” in Nevada Business Magazine’s 2023 list of the State’s top attorneys as voted by their…
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 20 of our Reno office lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America. Three of…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.