- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, magna cum laude and William S. Boyd Outstanding Graduate Award, 2005
- B.A., International Studies and Theatre Arts, cum laude, Pepperdine University, 1999
Amanda Yen is a partner in the firm and focuses her practice primarily in Commercial & Complex Litigation and Appellate Law. She is recognized for her relentless approach to high-stakes litigation, utilizing her expansive knowledge of procedural issues, rules and experience in every aspect of litigation to her clients’ advantage in the courtroom. Ms. Yen’s extensive litigation experience includes her involvement as second chair on one of Nevada’s most complex construction and business litigation cases involving the largest privately funded construction project in the United States. Ms. Yen also regularly acts as local counsel for several national and international law firms in Nevada’s state and federal courts, and has acted as local counsel for multidistrict litigation involving complex products liability issues.
Before joining McDonald Carano, Ms. Yen was a judicial law clerk for the United States District Court where she wrote briefs, attended trials and prepared orders on all types of civil and criminal matters. While a clerk, she also prepared bench memoranda for and attended hearings at the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Commercial & Complex Litigation
Ms. Yen has successfully represented clients in both federal and state courts. As a former federal law clerk, she is particularly skilled in handling procedural issues before the United States District Court. She regularly litigates a variety of matters including contract disputes, adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court, tortious interference, landlord/tenant issues, fraud and misrepresentation, quiet title actions, and matters involving injunctive relief. Ms. Yen has achieved considerable success in motion practice, particularly in summary judgment motions and in obtaining temporary restraining orders.
Ms. Yen has assisted in representing clients before various appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Paramount Marketing Consultants, Inc. v. M&K Enterprises: concerning a sub-lessee’s rights under a sublease agreement affected by separate negotiations and agreements between the sub-lessor and the owner
- Youngblood Architecture, LTD. v. Youngblood Wucherer Sparer Architects, LLC membership purchase and dispute for a limited liability company
- AMI Opportunity Fund, LLC v. Amerivon Chloe Acquisition, LLC: concerning a dispute over the purchase of a participation interest in an investment
- Azteca Steel, Inc. v. Perini Building Company, et al.: brought in as appellate counsel and obtained a denial of the opposing sides writ petition, subsequent request for reconsideration and en banc reconsideration
- Russ Steel Co., Inc. v. Clark Construction Group, LLC (In Re CityCenter): representing the general contractor in a complex commercial construction litigation concerning, at the time, the largest privately financed development in the United States
- Digital Blue, Inc. v. Dyon, et al.: a case concerning trade secrets and unfair competition
- Catadon Systems, Inc. v. Planet Safe Systems, Inc.: prosecution and settlement regarding intentional interference with contractual and business relations concerning Nevada’s WindGenerations Program
Awards and Recognition
- Special recognition for pro bono work, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
- The Best Lawyers in America© – Commercial Litigation (2021-2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America© – Appellate Practice (2016-2022), including “Lawyer of the Year” in Las Vegas Appellate Practice (2018)
- Super Lawyers Magazine “Mountain States Rising Star” (2009, 2013-2015) and “Mountain States Super Lawyer” (2016-2021) – Business Litigation, Construction Litigation, Appellate
- Nevada Business Magazine “Legal Elite” (2013, 2014, 2020) and “Best Up & Coming Attorneys” (2013)
- Las Vegas Business Press – “Women Who Mean Business”
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Member, Board of Directors (2020-2023)
- Chair, Young Lawyer Advisory Board (2019-2020)
- Chair-Elect, Young Lawyer Advisory Board (2018-2019)
- Member, Young Lawyer Advisory Board (2015-2018)
- Member, Nevada Commission on Ethics
- Member, Sierra Club, PKD Foundation
McDonald Carano Celebrates
a Record Number of
“Lawyer of the Year” Awards
from Best Lawyers in America
McDonald Carano proudly announces that seven lawyers in our Reno and Las Vegas offices received “Lawyer of the Year” awards in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in America. Over…
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 11 women lawyers from nine Practice Groups in our Reno and Las Vegas offices have been recognized in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in…
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 37 of our lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the leading peer-review…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.