Amanda M. Perach
Areas of Practice
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, 2011
- B.A., Provost Honors, Psychology, University of California, San Diego, 2007
Amanda Perach practices in the areas of bankruptcy, commercial litigation, and appellate. Ms. Perach’s engagements have ranged across a wide array of industries including manufacturing, real estate, retail and finance.
Her bankruptcy practice covers a wide spectrum of debtors, creditors (including committee representation), and other parties of interest. She also has extensive experience representing creditors in Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings and has represented a variety of non-consumer debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings. At the District of Nevada’s Federal District Conference on May 11, 2023, she served as a moderator of the Bankruptcy Practice Forum which was an open Q&A panel discussion with judges from the District of Nevada sharing their insights and information on practicing in federal court.
- Represented TeamHealth in a $62.65 million jury verdict awarded to TeamHealth finding UnitedHealthcare liable for breach of contract, unjust enrichment and two forms of unfair insurance practices.
- Represented multiple companies, including charter airline company, owner of condominium complex and publicly traded financial data reporting company, in achieving successful reorganization under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented various creditors, including financial institutions and landlords, in obtaining relief from the automatic stay, filing proof of claims and procuring related relief in the bankruptcy forum.
- Defended a publicly traded corporation from securities fraud claims. The case was dismissed with prejudice and the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada entered judgment in favor of the defendant.
Awards and Recognition
- Top Verdicts & Settlements of the West “Top 25 Verdicts 2021” – #1 Largest in Nevada, #1 largest in Contract Law in the 13-state West region, and #9 largest in all areas of law in the 13-state West region, ALM/American Lawyer Media’s VerdictSearch (Fremont Emergency Services (Mandavia), et al. vs. UnitedHealth Group, Inc. et al., Dec. 7, 2021)
- Vegas Inc – “Top Lawyers” in Appellate (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Appellate Practice (2017-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Commercial Litigation (2021-2023)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Magazine – Rising Star (2016-2023)
- Nevada Business Magazine – “Legal Elite/Best Up & Coming Attorneys” (2017)
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, Dean’s List, six CALI Awards for academic excellence
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, former President, Federal Bar Association, District of Nevada
- Lawyer Representative, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
Best Lawyers in America Recognized 11 Women Lawyers from 8 Practice Groups
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 11 women lawyers from eight Practice Groups in our Reno and Las Vegas offices have been recognized in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in…
Las Vegas Office Lawyers Ranked Among Best Lawyers in America 2023
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 15 of our Las Vegas office lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America and…
Four Attorneys Receive “Rising Stars” Recognition in Super Lawyers Magazine
McDonald Carano congratulates Daniel Aquino, Adam Hosmer-Henner, Chelsea Latino and Amanda Perach on being recognized in the 2022 Mountain States Rising Stars list which covers Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Utah and…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.