Areas of Practice
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, 2011
- B.A., Provost Honors, Psychology, University of California, San Diego, 2007
Amanda Perach practices in the areas of bankruptcy and general commercial litigation. Her bankruptcy practice covers a wide spectrum of debtors, creditors (including committee representation), and other parties of interest. She also has extensive experience representing creditors in Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings and has represented a variety of non-consumer debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings. In the context of her civil litigation work, Ms. Perach’s engagements have ranged across a wide array of industries including manufacturing, real estate, retail and finance. She draws from this comprehensive experience to develop practical, efficient solutions for her clients.
Ms. Perach received her B.A. in Psychology from the University of California, San Diego, and her J.D. from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, graduating magna cum laude. During law school, she was a member of the Dean’s List and received six CALI Awards for academic excellence. Ms. Perach previously served as president of the Federal Bar Association for the District of Nevada, and is currently a lawyer representative for the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada.
- Represented TeamHealth in a $62.65 million jury verdict awarded to TeamHealth finding UnitedHealthcare liable for breach of contract, unjust enrichment and two forms of unfair insurance practices.
- Represented multiple companies, including charter airline company, owner of condominium complex and publicly traded financial data reporting company, in achieving successful reorganization under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented various creditors, including financial institutions and landlords, in obtaining relief from the automatic stay, filing proof of claims and procuring related relief in the bankruptcy forum.
- Defended a publicly traded corporation from securities fraud claims. The case was dismissed with prejudice and the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada entered judgment in favor of the defendant.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Top Verdicts & Settlements of the West “Top 25 Verdicts 2021” – #1 Largest in Nevada, #1 largest in Contracts in 13-state West region, and #9 largest in all areas of law in 13-state West region, ALM/American Lawyer Media’s VerdictSearch (Fremont Emergency Services (Mandavia), et al. vs. UnitedHealth Group, Inc. et al., Dec. 7, 2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Appellate Practice (2017-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America – Commercial Litigation (2021-2023)
- Super Lawyers Magazine “Mountain States Rising Star” – Business Litigation, Bankruptcy/Business, Creditor and Debtor Rights/Business (2016-2022)
- Nevada Business Magazine “Legal Elite/Best Up & Coming Attorneys” (2017)
McDonald Carano congratulates Daniel Aquino, Adam Hosmer-Henner, Chelsea Latino and Amanda Perach on being recognized in the 2022 Mountain States Rising Stars list which covers Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Utah and…
McDonald Carano Litigation Team
Upends National Out-of-Network
Healthcare Reimbursement System
with $62.65 Million Jury Verdict
McDonald Carano congratulates Pat Lundvall, Kristen Gallagher and Amanda Perach for their advocacy as lead Nevada litigation and trial counsel in a $62.65 million jury verdict against United Healthcare and…
McDonald Carano proudly announces that 11 women lawyers from nine Practice Groups in our Reno and Las Vegas offices have been recognized in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.