Areas of Practice
- New York
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2008
- B.S. & B.A., Duke University, 2005
Adam Hosmer-Henner represents clients in litigation and arbitration involving a wide range of commercial matters. He has substantial experience representing clients in construction, trusts and estates, commercial torts, antitrust and unfair trade practices, health care, intellectual property, and contractual disputes. Mr. Hosmer-Henner frequently appears before state and federal courts in Nevada and California as both trial and appellate counsel. He is co-chair of the firm’s Appellate Practice group.
Some of the more significant matters in which he has been involved include:
- Obtained En banc affirmance from the Nevada Supreme Court of the denial of an anti-SLAPP Motion related to political advertising
- Obtained affirmance from the Nevada Court of Appeals in favor of a Nevada casino after obtaining a judgment as trial counsel
- Represented the California Franchise Tax Board in a Section 1983 action at the Eastern District of California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Represented a corporation in a federal court lawsuit involving parallel South Korean proceedings
- Represented Pardee Homes of Nevada in connection with disputes related to the Coyote Springs development
- Obtained a summary judgment for an acquirer in connection with post-closing issues stemming from an insurance company merger
- Represented a hospital in connection with a key executive’s violation of a non-compete agreement
- Obtained a dismissal of breach of fiduciary duty claims against an out-of-state trustee
- Obtained a dismissal of tort claims against a former trustee
- Obtained a dismissal of bid protests against multiple construction companies
- Represented a geothermal company in connection with a mechanic’s lien lawsuit
- Advised clients on Nevada gaming license applications and issues
- Represented multiple pro bono clients through the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, the Washoe Law Library, and Project Salute
Mr. Hosmer-Henner previously worked in the Antitrust and Competition Department of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in New York. He also worked as a legal advisor for the Remote Gambling Association in Brussels, Belgium where he counseled the association and its members on regulatory, tax and competition issues affecting the European online gambling sector.
Awards and Recognition
- 2020 Twenty Under 40 Honoree, Reno Tahoe Young Professionals Network
- Super Lawyer Mountain States Rising Stars – Business Litigation
- The Best Lawyers of America© 2021 – Commercial Litigation, Gaming Law
- International Masters of Gaming Law
- International Association of Gaming Advisors
- State Bar of Nevada, Lawyer Advertising Advisory Committee
- Bruce R. Thompson American Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- Washoe County Bar Association
Reno, NV (December 3, 2020) — McDonald Carano is pleased to announce that attorney Adam Hosmer-Henner has been named to the 2020 Reno Tahoe Young Professionals Network’s Twenty Under 40…
June 1, 2020, The Writ, “Appellate Briefs” The Nevada Supreme Court publishes an online list of all cases, the Aging Submitted Case Report (“Report”), that have been submitted for more than ninety days and…
April 1, 2020, The Writ, “Appellate Briefs” On March 13, 2020, the Nevada Supreme Court took the prudent step of restricting access to the appellate courthouses in Carson City and Las Vegas….
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.