Perspectives on Nevada’s Current Legislative Session
Lindsay Knox, Vice President in our Government Affairs & Advocacy Group, shared her insights on the current legislative session during an interview with Sam Shad on Nevada Newsmakers. The topics Lindsay discussed are listed below along with the time stamp identifying when Lindsay addressed each topic.
Please click here to watch the April 28 interview video.
- 3:25 – Unique makeup of the session with new and younger legislators and lobbyists
- 3:40 – Prominence of the A’s decision particularly in terms of public financing
- 11:45 – Selection of former Nevada State Senator Ben Kieckhefer as Governor Joe Lombardo’s Chief of Staff
- 15:35 – Impact of the two-minute rule on stakeholder meetings with legislators and bringing good policy to the Governor’s desk
- 20:50 – Brightline train and airport expansion
- 25:20 – Presidential campaign
About McDonald Carano
In 2024, McDonald Carano celebrates 75 years of serving Nevada’s legal, business, government, and civic communities. More than 60 lawyers and government relations professionals serve state, national, and international clients from our offices in Reno, Las Vegas, and Carson City. McDonald Carano provides legal services and government affairs and advocacy counsel to startups, corporations, trade associations, nonprofits, public entities, high-net-worth individuals, investors, and public-private partnerships throughout Nevada. We are proud to be your Nevada law firm since 1949.
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.