McDonald Carano’s Reno Office
Earns 5 “Lawyer of the Year” Awards
from Best Lawyers in America 2022
McDonald Carano proudly announces that five lawyers in our Reno office received “Lawyer of the Year” awards in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in America. The Reno office now celebrates an impressive record of 15 lawyers receiving a total of 35 “Lawyer of the Year” awards over the past 10 years in 14 different areas of law, which demonstrates the strength of our practice groups and the comprehensive scope of our legal expertise. Best Lawyers recognition is based entirely on a peer review process that evaluates the professional abilities and quality of legal services provided by lawyers who are practicing in the same geographic region and area of law. Best Lawyers recognizes only the top 6% of practicing lawyers and only one lawyer receives the “Lawyer of the Year” award for achieving the highest peer review ratings in a specific area of law and geographic region.
2022 “Lawyer of the Year” Awards
The five Reno office “Lawyer of the Year” award recipients are listed below along with the area of law for which they are recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2022.
- John Galvin, Partner – Tax Law
- Leigh Goddard, Partner – Labor and Employment Litigation
- Michael Pagni, Partner – Real Estate Law
- Richard Trachok, Senior Counsel – Gaming Law
- Lisa Wiltshire Alstead, Partner – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
2012-2021 “Lawyer of the Year” Awards
Below is the list of Reno office lawyers who have received “Lawyer of the Year” awards in the 2012-2021 editions of Best Lawyers in America.
- Matt Addison, Partner – Construction Litigation (2016)
- Robert Armstrong, Partner – Trust and Estates Law (2012, 2015); Tax Law (2014); Corporate Law (2013)
- Sallie Armstrong, Partner – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2012)
- James Bradshaw, Partner – Construction Litigation (2021)
- A.G. Burnett, Partner – Gaming Law (2020)
- Sylvia Harrison, Senior Counsel – Energy Law (2021)
- A.J. “Bud” Hicks, Senior Counsel – Gaming Law (2012, 2018, 2021)
- Mark Knobel, Partner – Tax Law (2016, 2019); Trust and Estate Litigation (2014, 2019); Nonprofit/Charities Law (2015, 2017); Corporate Law (2015); Trust and Estates Law (2014)
- William Magrath, Partner – Bet-the-Company Litigation (2013, 2016, 2018, 2020); Construction Law (2021); Construction Litigation (2012, 2015, 2019)
- Brian Pick, Partner – Corporate Law (2019)
- Richard Trachok, Senior Counsel – Administrative/Regulatory Law (2021)
About McDonald Carano
McDonald Carano has been shaping Nevada’s legal, business, and policy landscape since our founding in 1949. With more than 60 lawyers and government affairs professionals working from offices in Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City, we are Nevada’s law firm for business. Our local, national and global clients include Fortune 500 corporations, fast-growth and mid-market companies, entrepreneurs and startups, non-profit organizations, government entities, and high-net-worth individuals. Our attorneys deliver cross-discipline, one-stop, commercial law and government affairs counsel. Our dedication to clients, innovative thinking and practical solutions based in sound business and legal judgments are at the heart of our practice. For more information, please visit mcdonaldcarano.com or send an email to email@example.com.
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.