McDonald Carano Expands Employment and Government Affairs Practices

November 4, 2019 – McDonald Carano is pleased to announce the addition of two highly accomplished attorneys, highlighting the firm’s continued commitment to expansion in Nevada. Makenzie Warren joins the firm in Las Vegas as a Vice President in the Government Affairs & Advocacy Group, and Diane Welch joins the firm as an attorney in the Employment & Labor Group.

“Because of the unique background and perspective that both Mackenzie and Diane bring, they will be great assets to the firm and our clients,” said Jeff Silvestri, managing partner of McDonald Carano. “We welcome them both and look forward to working with them as part of the McDonald Carano team.”

Mackenzie Warren is a Vice President in the firm’s Government Affairs & Advocacy Group where she focuses on practical legislative solutions for clients in Southern Nevada. She began her career as a two-time Emmy nominated television news anchor and reporter for the NBC affiliate in Las Vegas and Reno, where she covered all of Nevada, including Clark County and several municipalities during the Great Recession and recovery. She served as the station’s investigative reporter and Capitol Correspondent covering the Nevada Legislature in both the 2011 and 2013 legislative sessions.

Ms. Warren began her legal career focusing on litigation before moving into her Government Affairs practice. She has litigated before the Nevada Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the District of Nevada and the Eighth Judicial District Court, Clark County Nevada – Civil and Family Division. She also handles land use issues, including property development up and down the Las Vegas Strip and beyond. She received her J.D. from the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV.

Diane Welch is an attorney in the firm’s Employment & Labor Group, where she will focus on a wide array of employment matters, including Title VII claims, ADA discrimination claims and contract claims. She has extensive experience arguing before both state and federal courts and defending against Constitutional law claims. She has also handled investigations into EEOC and NERC charges and works to ensure employee policies are in compliance with federal and state laws.

Ms. Welch also has a significant background in higher education law. Prior to joining McDonald Carano, she was an Assistant General Counsel at the College of Southern Nevada (CSN), where she served as the lead attorney for all aspects of litigation. In this role, she achieved an impressive 95% dismissal rate, with the remaining 5% resolved on terms that were favorable to the college. Ms. Welch was also a member of the negotiating team for CSN’s first collective bargaining agreement with academic faculty. She earned her J.D. from the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV.


About McDonald Carano

McDonald Carano has helped to shape the Nevada business and legal landscape for 70 years. With more than 60 lawyers and government affairs professionals in our offices in Las Vegas and Reno, we are Nevada's law firm for business. We proudly represent Fortune 500 companies, financial and governmental institutions, fast-growth and mid-market companies, entrepreneurs, start-up ventures, non-profit organizations and individuals. Our attorneys deliver cross-discipline, one-stop, commercial law and government affairs counsel. Our dedication to clients, innovative thinking and practical solutions based in sound business and legal judgments are at the heart of our practice. For more information, visit mcdonaldcarano.com, call 775.788.2000 (Reno office), or 702.873.4100 (Las Vegas office) or reach us by email at info@mcdonaldcarano.com.

Media Contact

Brian Dickson


702.257.4559

You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.

I have read this and want to send an email.