McDonald Carano Celebrates
a Record Number of
“Lawyer of the Year” Awards
from Best Lawyers in America
McDonald Carano proudly announces that seven lawyers in our Reno and Las Vegas offices received “Lawyer of the Year” awards in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in America. Over the past ten years, McDonald Carano has achieved a record number of 21 lawyers receiving a total of 43 “Lawyer of the Year” awards in 15 different areas of law, which demonstrates the strength of our state-wide practice groups and the comprehensive scope of our legal expertise. One of our lawyers also received the “Ones to Watch” award in 2022 and 2021. In addition to seven “Lawyer of the Year” awards and one “Ones to Watch” award in 2022, Best Lawyers recognized 29 additional lawyers in Reno and Las Vegas for receiving high peer review ratings in their areas of expertise, for a total of 37 McDonald Carano lawyers recognized in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in America. (Please click here for the complete 2022 McDonald Carano list.)
Best Lawyers recognizes only the top 6% of practicing lawyers and only one lawyer receives the “Lawyer of the Year” award for achieving the highest peer review ratings in a specific area of law and geographic region. The “Ones to Watch” award recognizes “extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years for outstanding professional excellence.” Best Lawyers recognition is based entirely on a peer review process that evaluates the professional abilities and quality of legal services provided by lawyers who are practicing in the same geographic region and area of law.
2022 “Lawyer of the Year” and “Ones to Watch” Awards
The “Lawyer of the Year” and “Ones to Watch” award recipients are listed below along with the area of law for which they are recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2022.
- Andy Gabriel, Las Vegas – Corporate Law
- John Galvin, Reno – Tax Law
- Leigh Goddard, Reno – Labor and Employment Litigation
- Michael Pagni, Reno – Real Estate Law
- Aaron Shipley, Las Vegas – Trust and Estates Litigation
- Richard Trachok, Reno – Gaming Law
- Mackenzie Warren, Las Vegas – Government Relations
- Lisa Wiltshire Alstead, Reno – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
2012-2021 “Lawyer of the Year” and “Ones to Watch” Awards
The “Lawyer of the Year” and “Ones to Watch” award recipients in the 2012-2021 editions of Best Lawyers in America are listed below, along with the year(s) and area(s) of law for which they are recognized.
- Matt Addison, Reno – Construction Litigation (2016)
- Robert Armstrong, Reno – Trust and Estates Law (2012, 2015); Tax Law (2014); Corporate Law (2013)
- Sallie Armstrong, Reno – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2012)
- James Bradshaw, Reno – Construction Litigation (2021)
- A.G. Burnett, Reno – Gaming Law (2020)
- Sylvia Harrison, Reno – Energy Law (2021)
- A.J. “Bud” Hicks, Reno – Gaming Law (2012, 2018, 2021)
- Mark Knobel, Reno – Tax Law (2016, 2019); Trust and Estate Litigation (2014, 2019); Nonprofit/Charities Law (2015, 2017); Corporate Law (2015); Trust and Estates Law (2014)
- William Magrath, Reno – Bet-the-Company Litigation (2013, 2016, 2018, 2020); Construction Law (2021); Construction Litigation (2012, 2015, 2019)
- George Ogilvie, Las Vegas – Construction Law (2020); Construction Litigation (2019)
- Brian Pick, Reno – Corporate Law (2019)
- Jeff Silvestri, Las Vegas – Appellate Practice (2020)
- Scott Swain, Las Vegas – Trust and Estates Law (2016, 2019)
- Richard Trachok, Reno – Administrative/Regulatory Law (2021)
- Mackenzie Warren, Las Vegas – Government Relations (2021)
- Amanda Yen, Las Vegas – Appellate Practice (2018)
About McDonald Carano
McDonald Carano has been shaping Nevada’s legal, business, and policy landscape since our founding in 1949. With more than 60 lawyers and government affairs professionals working from offices in Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City, we are Nevada’s law firm for business. Our local, national and global clients include Fortune 500 corporations, fast-growth and mid-market companies, entrepreneurs and startups, non-profit organizations, government entities, and high-net-worth individuals. Our attorneys deliver cross-discipline, one-stop, commercial law and government affairs counsel. Our dedication to clients, innovative thinking and practical solutions based in sound business and legal judgments are at the heart of our practice. For more information, please visit mcdonaldcarano.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.