Government Affairs Special Evening Update
Phase 2 Special Update
May 26, 2020
After dealing with technical difficulties, Governor Steve Sisolak’s office released further information Tuesday night on a Phase 2 reopening plan for Nevada. Highlights include:
- Gyms, fitness facilities and other studios may reopen with limited capacity and strict social distancing
- Bar areas in restaurants may reopen, and bars and taverns that do not serve food may reopen under the 50-percent capacity and strict social distancing
- Aesthetic and other skin services, such as facials, hair removal, tanning, eyelash services, massages, and more may open, by appointment only, with strict social distancing and face coverings by employees being worn at all times
- Body art and piercing establishments may reopen with social distancing guidelines, with no body art and piercings being done around the nose or mouth
- Aquatic facilities and swimming pools, along with water parks, may open at 50-percent capacity
- Indoor venues such as movie theaters, bowling alleys, and indoor malls may reopen with occupancy restrictions and strict social distancing guidelines
- Museums, art galleries, zoos and aquariums may open at 50-percent capacity
- Houses of worship are encouraged to continue providing online services, but they may reopen their doors for gatherings with a maximum of 50 people in attendance
- The target date for gaming reopening remains at Thursday, June 4, and an industry notice from the Gaming Control Board is set to be released tomorrow
You can find Governor Sisolak’s full remarks here.
Please continue to refer to our Firm website for resources and information: https://www.mcdonaldcarano.com/coronavirus.
About McDonald Carano
McDonald Carano has been shaping Nevada’s legal, business, and policy landscape since our founding in 1949. With more than 60 lawyers and government affairs professionals working from offices in Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City, we are Nevada’s law firm for business. Our local, national and global clients include Fortune 500 corporations, fast-growth and mid-market companies, entrepreneurs and startups, non-profit organizations, government entities, and high-net-worth individuals. Our attorneys deliver cross-discipline, one-stop, commercial law and government affairs counsel. Our dedication to clients, innovative thinking and practical solutions based in sound business and legal judgments are at the heart of our practice. For more information, please visit mcdonaldcarano.com or send an email to email@example.com.
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.