Legal Secretary – Commercial Litigation
Come work for the Best!
McDonald Carano is Nevada’s law firm for business. With over 50 lawyers in our offices in Las Vegas and Reno, we are Nevada born and raised. McDonald Carano is about extraordinary people and unprecedented collegiality. We insist on and actively cultivate a culture that is both personable and approachable, allowing for true collaboration and teamwork. One of our core values is creating an enjoyable, yet professional working environment. Being voted “Best Places to Work” in the Reno-Tahoe area for five consecutive years shows we have a strong commitment to our employees that has been part of our mission since the Firm’s inception in 1949.
Our Firm offers a competitive salary, along with an exceptional benefit platform that includes a 401(k)/Profit sharing plan.
We are actively recruiting for a F/T Legal Secretary to work in our Reno Office. This F/T non-exempt level position will work for and provide support to multiple litigation attorneys.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Min. of 3 years of previous litigation work (commercial litigation experience preferred).
- Working knowledge of Reno District Courts and Calendaring Requirements. Knowledge of Las Vegas and California Courts, a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with diverse groups of attorneys, staff and clients to provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Have an acute attention to detail.
- Able to apply new resources and technologies.
- Capable of multi-tasking and able to adjust to shifting priorities in a very busy environment.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as copiers, postage machines and document management systems.
- Must be able to work overtime on occasion and/or as needed.
- Must present and maintain a professional and organized work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and be a team player.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to HR@McDonaldCarano.com