Areas of Practice
- Nevada, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., Valedictorian, with Great Distinction, Order of the Coif, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1989
- M.S., Exercise Sciences, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, 1983
- B.S., Exercise Sciences, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, 1980
Pat Lundvall, a partner in the firm and Chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group and Employment & Labor Law Practice Group, has vast experience in every phase of commercial litigation – from pleading and motion practice through discovery, settlement, trial and appeal. Ms. Lundvall has successfully represented clients in judge and jury trials in state and federal court, as well as on appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court. In addition, she has served as local and coordinating counsel for large, multidistrict, complex litigation. One adjective is repeatedly used to describe her litigation style – aggressive.
Commercial & Complex Litigation
Ms. Lundvall has particular expertise handling complex business disputes and the substantive claims common to those disputes.
Ms. Lundvall has handled literally hundreds of cases across the last 27 years. Some of her more interesting representations include:
- Governor James Gibbons in Chrissy Mazzeo v. James Gibbons et. al., a case alleging assault and deprivation of constitutional rights;
- California Franchise Tax Board in Gilbert P. Hyatt v. FTB, a case alleging invasion of privacy and government fraud;
- Amerco, the parent company of U-Haul International, in Paul Shoen v. Amerco et.al., a shareholder derivative case alleging insider dealing;
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in State of Nevada v. Bristol-Myers Squibb et. al., a case alleging price fixing;
- D.R. Horton, Inc., in multiple homeowner cases alleging mortgage fraud;
- Pardee Homes of Nevada v. A.D. Seeno Construction concerning development of Coyote Springs;
- Five Mile Capital v. Jeff and Jackie Soffer in a dispute over development to Town Square Lifestyle Center;
- Landmark Homes and Development in Sierra Gateway Ventures v. Landmark, et. al., a case alleging breach of contract and bad faith;
- Pardee Homes of Nevada and Weyerhaeuser Real Estate Company, in J.P. Morgan v. Pardee et. al., a case alleging breach of contract;
- Southwest Gas Corporation in Richard de los Reyes v. Southwest Gas Corporation, a case alleging employment discrimination;
- George Stephanopoulos and Little Brown Company in Gennifer Flowers v. James Carville et. al., a case alleging defamation;
- Southern Wine and Spirits of America, Inc., in SWS v. Bacardi-Martini USA, a case alleging unfair trade practices.
All of these matters are the subject of reported decisions or public dockets.
- Author, The Rise and Fall of the Antitrust Exemption for the Business of Insurance, John Stauffer Memorial published by the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, June 1989
- Chapter on Pretrial Conferences, Nevada Civil Practice Manual
- Numerous publications for professional seminars
Awards and Recognition
- Co-Founder: Complex Commercial Litigation Institute (CCLI)
- Senior Fellow: Litigation Counsel of America
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Commercial Litigation; Litigation- Labor and Employment since 2002)
- Chambers USA; Chambers USA 2017, Band 2, Litigation
- Board Certified in Civil Litigation by National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified as Civil Trial Advocacy Specialist by State Bar of Nevada
- Certified Advocate, National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy
- “Distinguished Nevadan” Award presented by University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Presented with Award for “New Thinking About Thinking” by Keep Memory Alive / The Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Nevada Business Magazine, “Legal Elite” & “Legal Elite” 2017
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Super Lawyers
- Silver State’s Top 100
- Recognized among “Female Business Leaders” by Las Vegas Business Press
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
Relevant Community Engagment
- Former Commissioner and Past Chairman: Nevada State Athletic Commission
- Public Private Partnership Advisory Panel to Nevada Department of Transportation
- Board Member: Friends of the Nevada Mansion
Las Vegas, NV – Chambers USA, one of the leading legal ratings agencies in the United States, has released its 2017 rankings. McDonald Carano once again received high honors, maintaining…
Pat Lundvall argument before the Nevada Supreme Court on May 2, 2017. FTB V. Hyatt. Argument after remand from SCOTUS.
The best litigation for business decision makers is the litigation that never happens. Court cases are time-consuming, expensive and take a business owner’s mind off business. The best way to…
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.